Lower Sac in mid April

dude02

Reaction score
PMD's and maybe some stones. Nymphinig game but have a dry rod ready with a PMD. Maybe dry dropper in appropriate water. Something fat and floaty with a pmd dropper.. Go to The Fly Shop right off and do not go in the morning. It is a zoo. Might see you out there on Saturday. Doing Bonny to Anderson. If you want to avoid the guides get on early. It will be a zoo this weekend. Good luck.

dude02

Reaction score
Also,

Adjust depth the entire way. Some areas are deep and some not so at all. Break the river down to smaller segments. Hope my tips are not too late. We can't PM but if you want I can try and help Friday night via email if you want. Don't want to share too much on the web. Good luck and share a report.

edsly42

Reaction score
Dude02, thanks for the offer, wish I'd reached out for some more pointers. We had a blast, nice to escape the OR cold and fish in the 80s/90s. Fishing was slow for us though. I suspect we just weren't fishing the right water for the most part. We managed a few each day, almost all on peaches n cream or a similar small nymph. Picked up a few in water I would not at all think to fish, 100+ yards down below the riffle where I'd normally fish. But from talking to others and the Fly Shop, sounds like that's kind of the program? Fishing deep water well below the "normal" trouty water on other rivers, i.e. riffles, first drop off, etc.

Overall, great trip regardless. Thanks for the tips.