Montana Shuts Down The State...except for 'Outdoor Activities'!

dharkin

Reaction score
Just to make things clear, New York City has a population of roughly 8.6 million people in an area of about 300 square miles. The state of Montana has a population a little over 1.5 million people in an area of 147 thousand square miles. Maybe that's why your Governor can be a little more flexible.

mtboiler

Reaction score
I prefer to fish alone!!! I feel a George Thorogood song idea!!
Plus, that is why we live in Montana. So we don't have to live so close together.

ddb

Reaction score
But Montana at last count had only @ 100 cases diagnosed!

Sounds more like Montana wants its bite of the new federal pandemic fund.

ddb

mtbusman

Reaction score
But Montana at last count had only @ 100 cases diagnosed! Sounds more like Montana wants its bite of the new federal pandemic fund.
It's up to 108 now and will continue to climb. It's possible that those of us who live in rural areas will be less likely to be exposed because we are not in the proximity of as manly people. Simple math. And, perhaps our Governor wants to get in on the emergency funds. But it is also possible he wants to stay ahead of the curve.

ddb

Reaction score
Just for scale comparisons....

Fairfax, our urban county adjacent to Wash DC, which has 1.1 million residents and 406 square miles of territory, has had 142 diagnosed cases, and 2 deaths as of yesterday. That is fairly low given the diverse population, high international travel rates of local residents including USG civilian and military personnel living/working here.

Take care.

ddb

ts47

Reaction score
With the Covid-19 numbers, keep in mind that testing is only just coming on line. The cases many of us see reported are only the serious cases and likely represent less than 20% of the folks actually infected. Many cases get treated by staying home until they pass or having a doctor treat them without getting tested.

I agree that the less populated areas have a little more flexibility than the more populated areas. You're lucky to have so much open space and the freedom to keep fishing. We can't do that here in Maryland.

bruce m

Reaction score
In states like Illinois and New York they lock you up for being outside.....

That is not true at all. I live in NYS there is no banning of going out of doors and all the state parks and state game lands are open for business. I'm headed out the door here very soon with my son to go fishing in a WMA. Opening day was April 1, Many people were out with rod and boat or along the shore lines, I saw one conservation officer checking licenses as I drove past.