Montauk State Park and the Little Piney

TSMcDougald

Reaction score
I took a trip to Montauk State Park and the Little Piney, here in Missouri, from the 21st to the 24th. The weather was great for fly fishing and I got to work some kinks out of my casting. Unfortunately I did not catch a thing - which is unusual for me. Even so, it was still an enjoyable and relaxing trip.

Montauk
Montauk May 2021 7.jpg

Little Piney

Little Piney 2.jpg

trev

Reaction score
I guess it's over 25 years since I was at Montauk, but in my mind it's our nicest park. Pretty pictures, thanks for posting.

Jthawks

Reaction score
We have another trip planned for the fall and I am going to try and hit Barren Fork Creek as well.
I've been to Barren Fork Creek twice and it's a tough one to catch...I caught exactly ZERO haha It's really beautiful on the upper part near the spring and hard to get to! Have to walk through some woods following a dry creek bed. I went to the lower section and didn't see any trout, just shiners and such. I didn't go to the middle access where you have to walk down a hill...and perhaps I should of b/c that's where the trout are...at least the day I went....b/c I didn't see them anywhere else. Maybe I spooked them all but I must say I was pretty careful approaching the holes. Every other blue ribbon area I catch fish...Barren Fork is not my creek apparently. Good luck and please share if you go!