Moonshine fly rod

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
Here is a review and honest experience if you're interested in the Revival 3wt fiberglass flyrod. I get several questions about this quality price friendly rod.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

swfl daz

Reaction score
Nice. Looks like you had a fun day on the creek. I've got five of their rods (all graphite) but have not tried their glass rods yet. Moonshine is a great small company to deal with.

Last edited:

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I recently posted a question about the 5wt. Revival as a gift for a friend. Think I'll pick that up for him and the 3wt. for myself.
I probably would have gotten the 5wt but I had an Orvis in glass, I’m glad I got that 3wt its a lot of fun. I just got the Vesper 5wt and its light. I own too many fly rods...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swfl daz

Reaction score
I probably would have gotten the 5wt but I had an Orvis in glass, I’m glad I got that 3wt its a lot of fun. I just got the Vesper 5wt and its light. I own too many fly rods...lol
Not to hijack the thread, but I'd be interested to hear your impression of the Vesper. I'm thinking it might just fill the 4wt gap in my quiver (and I have a NIB BBS II waiting for it)...

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but I'd be interested to hear your impression of the Vesper. I'm thinking it might just fill the 4wt gap in my quiver (and I have a NIB BBS II waiting for it)...
I'm gonna use it for the first time tomorrow, it is exceptionally light. I'll let u know, its has the same pretty work that the Revival has....

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
I promised you a report on the Vesper and I took the wrong rod tube and I ended up having a blast with my 3wt Moonshine Revival. Caught a ton of Guadalupe Bass. I was a scorcher day in the river, the temp was 104. Here is the video

Abundant Guadalupe Bass Catches on the Fly and a Very Nice Largemouth Caught on Conventional Gear

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
Here is the review and use of the Vesper

stinger22

Reaction score

How dose the Moonshine compare to your Orvis glass I know one is a 3 other a 5 also price but the action overall fun to fish ?

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
It’s not that I dislike the Superfine it made to be a trout rod in the lighter rods. I would definitely put different line on it now