My First Bamboo

okaloosa

Reaction score
HI I have 3 SND's each is quite different. I also live in Greenfield ,MA the home of SND. That rod looks refinished or it was in a plastic bag for 50 years, very nice! Also there is a book with the history of the company available.
The rod was sold to me by the original owner who hardly fished it and it went in storage since he bought his first Winston graphite rod in the mid to late 70's....Just glad it stored well! He had another that was 6'6" and it looked just as good but much lighter in weight. should have bought that one also.
Would love to see some photos of yours!

jpielock1992

Reaction score
That is a great question....I am so used to the lightest graphite rods with the lightest swing weights that it will take a relatively heavy reel to balance it out for my comfort.... Budget wise an old school pfleuger might work. If I had money burning a hole in my pocket a Hardy Perfect would be the ticket..........I am certainly open to suggestions....
OH! I almost forgot...My fishing buddy of 30 plus years is 93 years old and told me he will be gifting me a Sage 2 piece 7'6" 2 wt (not sure of model but about 10 yrs old) and his original Ross San Miguel...The San Miguel may do the trick since it is a relatively heavy reel if I remember correctly. not sure which size it is.
That's a sweet stick. I would buy it if it were available. And I'm only 68! Cheers,Chet

huntschool

Reaction score
Sweet rod..... I love the looks and structure. I would go for a Hardy/Orvis CFO III or if ya want to drop some major bucks one of the American Peerless or Saracione or Bellinger. Bring a big check book..... But man thy are nice......

jpielock1992

Reaction score
I prefer some of the lighter cheapos but sweetos; Cortland, Kalamazoo,Bronson,Shakespeare you know the type they cost about $20-$30 but work great, are smooth and have great patina!