My second build

MCHammer

Reaction score
I finished my second building project. There were moments when I swore this would be the last time, but now that it's done I think I'll build another.

I'm donating this one to Project Healing Waters through Larry McNerny, one of our Administrators on the forum.

IMG_3922.jpg

It's a 7'6" 4 wt. I casted it in the yard, but the only 4 wt. line I have is a Rio Elite weight forward, so that might not be the best line for this rod. It's the first time I've casted a fiberglass rod in about 30 or 35 years. I might have to dust off the old Fenwick and get a line for it.

pnc

Reaction score
Nice looking rod. And a very worthy cause. Kudos on choice.

Club does a rod building clinic at a VA hospital. With Healing Waters.
Nothing is rushed. Often decorative wraps are done.
The look of satisfaction while building. Changing to pride when rod is finished. Is priceless !

COTater

Reaction score
Nice work!!!

Ill be doing my 1st build in a few weeks after bowhunting season is over. Its that same 476 but in Epic glass. I am looking forward to it, I want to see if it something I will enjoy or if I am all crazy from it.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I finished my second building project. There were moments when I swore this would be the last time, but now that it's done I think I'll build another.

I'm donating this one to Project Healing Waters through Larry McNerny, one of our Administrators on the forum.

View attachment 31169

It's a 7'6" 4 wt. I casted it in the yard, but the only 4 wt. line I have is a Rio Elite weight forward, so that might not be the best line for this rod. It's the first time I've casted a fiberglass rod in about 30 or 35 years. I might have to dust off the old Fenwick and get a line for it.
I've cast that rod and a Cortland 444 Sylk dt is sweet.

okaloosa

Reaction score
That is a lovely rod and a very worthy cause especially in light of current events and 9/11 anniversary.