My trout of a life time

timd

Reaction score
My wife and I are in the second week of our annual September Montana fishing trip. Yesterday while fishing the Missouri south of Craig I landed my biggest trout of my life,
a beautiful female brown while streamer fishing. She measured 32” long with a 19” girth. After some quick pictures and reviving back she went to hopefully produce a lot of young.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

okaloosa

Reaction score
that is a trout of a lifetime!!!!
congrats...how about details of how you caught it!
outstanding,,,

timd

Reaction score
that is a trout of a lifetime!!!!
congrats...how about details of how you caught it!
outstanding,,,
Using my 9.5’ 6 wt Scott Radian, Gavin Torque 6 and a Rio 10 ft #6 sink tip. Third cast of the morning in a deep hole with a small #8 Perch Baby streamer. We were fishing with a friend who has guided us for the last 18 years. Perfect streamer weather, overcast and a little nasty. The fish was a tremendous fighter.

hcrum87hc

Reaction score
Beautiful brown! That's well beyond any trout I've ever hooked. I plan on making it out west one of these days. A 2.5 year old and a 2 month old at home don't make it easy.

okaloosa

Reaction score
Using my 9.5’ 6 wt Scott Radian, Gavin Torque 6 and a Rio 10 ft #6 sink tip. Third cast of the morning in a deep hole with a small #8 Perch Baby streamer. We were fishing with a friend who has guided us for the last 18 years. Perfect streamer weather, overcast and a little nasty. The fish was a tremendous fighter.

and that is why I streamer fish 90% of the time! not only do you catch the biggest trout but the strikes are unforgettable!

proheli

Reaction score
Incredible fish Tim. Wow. I can't help but think the tail of that fish looks like it belongs on a leviathan of some sort. That is a strong looking chunky monkey. I also can't help notice you are in your puffy jacket. We still had 135*/150% humidity in Florida again. Wish I was there !

cooutlaw

Reaction score
Congrats Tim !! She's a beauty !!

This is exactly why when folks talk about trout reels only needing to be line holders and trout won't take you to your backing... blah...blah...blah..... I just grin. Although many years ago now, the MO was also the holder of my personal best too, it always guarantees a few great memories if you fish it long enough and become friends. Again, congrats !!