My year in Tenkara

dpnoll48

Reaction score
This is a pictoral history of my 2020 tenkara Journey. Covid made this a tough year for everyone. Luckily social distancing is easy on a trout stream. My greatest joy this year came from the friends I was able to fish with on Midwestern streams. Especially my 6 year old granddaughter who learned about trout and Tenkara. At one point as she unhooked and picked up a 13" rainbow Alison said: "Papa, this is a slippery bastard". [https://flic.kr/s/aHsmT4nPhd]

Last edited:

patrick62

Reaction score
Nice photo series.

My Tenkara year ended much as it began -- heavy nymphs in the somewhat swollen and turbulent Blackberry River, North Canaan, Conn., the better to entice hatchery browns and rainbows, and the occasional semi-wild bow, out of the limestone formations and relics of the iron industry.

jpielock1992

Reaction score
Nice photo series.

My Tenkara year ended much as it began -- heavy nymphs in the somewhat swollen and turbulent Blackberry River, North Canaan, Conn., the better to entice hatchery browns and rainbows, and the occasional semi-wild bow, out of the limestone formations and relics of the iron industry.
I was up there a couple of years ago in August,Just a bunch of puddles and crawfish skeletons! Did find a couple near the old glass furnace , off an old dam or lock. Cheers,Chet