N. Fork, Missouri access spots

Red Owl

Reaction score
I'll be there in September. One problem I have had in fishing "famous" rivers is when I get there- the banks are private property and access is very limited. I guess I could rent a kayak, etc. but are there any spots you can park and wade out so as to cast without a lot of overhanging limbs, etc? I can go to either MO or AR, is there more access below the dam in AR?

ed from bama

Reaction score
Good morning to all-
The upper North Fork is prime trout water. Access is limited, though. Public access can be found at Kelly Ford, Blair Bridge,Patrick Bridge, and Dawt Mill. There are a number of campgrounds which offer float trips. For September, I'd make sure I had some hopper patterns and of course, small to medium size dark wooly buggers. Smallmouth bass can be good, too.
Below the dam in Arkansas the river is wadable in spots, but most of it is private- no access. Good fishing from boats. Water can come up FAST when they release water from the dam.

Here's one upper stream campground contact: Twin Bridges Canoe and Campground 417-256- 7507

Good luck and let us know how you trip goes-

Ed

bdavis32

Reaction score
Sunburst Ranch is the spot to be on the NFOW on the MO side. Rent a canoe/kayak and float it. They have some very prime water on the property as well. Not sure if they charge a daily stick fee but if you camp, you have access to it! Awesome folks in an awesome spot. Don't forget the Pat's rubber legs!!

Last edited: