New Battery Review

The Mad Duck

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have seen the Nocqua Batteries. I picked one up at the end of last summer and have used it a bit already. Its small, ,maybe the size of an 8wt fly reel. They are Lithium Ion batteries.
They are lighter, hold the Ah rating until dead,develop no memory and recharge 5-10 times as many times as a sealed lead battery. They are available in 12v-4.4Ah and 12v-10Ah. I got the 4.4 Ah model and have used it on a Garmin Striker4+ all day long and it was still going strong.
Seeing as how they weigh less than half of a Sealed Acid battery,they are great for kayaks,paddleboards and canoes. They recharge quickly and have accessories that will let you charge a phone or power lights.
I have been really happy that I can leave the bulky battery box at home! Thumbs UP rating!!

The Mad Duck

Reaction score
As an addition to my original post. I fully charged my battery and hooked it up to my Garmin Striker4+ and let it rip. It ran over 28 hours before crapping out. I had the unit on, hooked up to the transducer and had the brightness turned up as high as it would go. I addition, I had the unit speed maxed out as well. I think this battery will be more than enough for a long day of fishing.