New fibreglass tenkara rod for small streams

johan851

Reaction score
Interesting.

I'm a little skeptical, to be honest. Graphite lends itself very well to tenkara rods in my mind - it keeps very long rods relatively light and provides more sensitivity when high sticking. They suggest the fiberglass helps with a "slow, rich casting stroke" but tenkara casting (for myself at any rate) is more dapping and short single casts.

Feels a little bit like an attempt to combine two popular things (tenkara+glass!) than something that'll really make a tenkara rod better. I'll keep being overly cynical and just call it right now - glass euro nymphing rods are next! :p

rsagebrush

Reaction score
Looks interesting and it's short enough that using fiberglass should not be a problem and the tip sections are graphite, this has been done before with western fly rods (pezon) and perhaps some others (skip morris) if I remember correctly. Sounds like a good small stream rod.

johan851

Reaction score
Looks interesting and it's short enough that using fiberglass should not be a problem and the tip sections are graphite, this has been done before with western fly rods (pezon) and perhaps some others (skip morris) if I remember correctly. Sounds like a good small stream rod.
I probably glossed over the 280cm length in my first post. Agree, fiberglass seems much more reasonable at 280cm than, say, 360cm.