New Fishpond gear

BrookieRR

Reaction score

Updated submersible line. New packs, backpacks, vests, boxes, hats and accessories. Personally, I like the removal of the T-ZIP on the submersible line and the addition of the padded insert for the lumbar and sling pack. Whats everyone think? Will you be updating any of your gear?

BrookieRR

Reaction score
What's wrong with TZip?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Nothing, it does its job. I just prefer the self healing closers. Theyre lighter, smoother and less abrasive on the back of the hand, going in and out of the pack on a regular basis. They also just look cleaner in general, more stream lined.

osseous

Reaction score
Nothing, it does its job. I just prefer the self healing closers. Theyre lighter, smoother and less abrasive on the back of the hand, going in and out of the pack on a regular basis. They also just look cleaner in general, more stream lined.
I have a self-healer on my Simms waist pack- don't trust it as much. TZip has always been the gold standard to me.

willyf

Reaction score
I've been thrilled with my FishPond submersible sling. The zipper blew out on my Simms submersible sling in the middle of a trip. They sent me a new one--but I didn't feel like they I could trust it even with a different type of zipper. I've had way too many Simms products fail when I'm far away from a potential replacement. So I bought the FishPond and haven't looked back. Not going to upgrade, but I'm certainly open to the new zipper design.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Looks like with the Firehole they realized they had a good thing with the Bitch Creek, finally, and decided to bring back that concept. Good on them.
Yes. And they added the obviously needed net holders, my only gripe with the Bitch Creek. I modified my BC to my needs but good to see forward thinking from fishpond.
If I needed a new pack I would buy one. But my BC is so well built and suited to me it'll be awhile.

South Fly Fishing

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about the new Firehole. Just watched their promo video. It's got some sharp features. So ... I just tried to buy one online to trial over here this season. Unfortunately out of stock at FishPond USA and their online dealer Trouts Fly Fishing until Feb '22.

osseous

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about the new Firehole. Just watched their promo video. It's got some sharp features. So ... I just tried to buy one online to trial over here this season. Unfortunately out of stock at FishPond USA and their online dealer Trouts Fly Fishing until Feb '22.
Try Front Range Angler in Boulder- they stock a lot of Fishpond, and always have the latest stuff from them

Damo

Reaction score
I think it´s great that finally a company is providing a way to organise stuff internally in a waterproof pack ( hip or sling). What isn´t so good is that this will cost an extra 50 Dollars - which brings the price of the hip pack up to the 300 Dollar mark....

wgj77

Reaction score
I was super happy they introduced new gear for the simple reason that "old" gear was put on sale at select retailers. I ended up getting the lumbar + backpack for ~$360. I find it difficult to justify paying full price for a few design "enhancements". Everything I have purchased from Fishpond is great except for the Headgate Tippet Holder. FP should consider substituting the plastic clip for a metal S-clip. Lost my entire tippet spool due to the poor clip design.

eastfly66

Reaction score
Whats everyone think? Will you be updating any of your gear?
I have a couple FP products , the larger spey rod case & the Flathead sling. They are just ok , I'm not impressed with the overall quality of the build/material. Over priced , heavily marketed imported stuff......buy hey, that applies to 90% of the stuff out there to be fair. I'll stick with my Simms vest and Filson vest & hip that I got on sale.