New guy from NJ

motts

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I stumbled across the forum a couple weeks ago while researching a couple things for some rods I was building and thought it looked pretty worthwhile.

I've been fly fishing/tying flies for about 28 years and guided/worked in a small family owned shop in Central Jersey for 14 (they've since closed, unfortunately). The majority of my fishing has been done up and down the states along the East Coast, but I'm proud to say the flies I tied for customers at the shop have successfully made their way all over the country and the world in both fresh and saltwater. I didn"t have time to do much fishing over the last several years due to work, but I made a push to get back out there this spring after my wife expressed an interest in "relearning" how to fly fish. One of the rods I just built was for her, and, almost 11 years after she caught her first two brown trout in the Lehigh River just below the dam, she christened her rod with her third trout, a rainbow, on the Big Flatbrook. Her fifth trout on the new rod, caught on Memorial day, was a 17.5" rainbow - I told her I don't know where she's planning to go from there as a lot of people never catch a fish that size. She now wants to take a trip out west, and is also talking about possibly visiting Alaska; to say she's hooked is an understatement.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here and contributing when I can. Thanks!

bocianka1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your wife shares your interest in fly fishing. That should make it a lot easier to find time to fish. With all of your tying experience I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of your flies. Its a great community here. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dharkin

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Motts, great group of people and very helpful. Take a look around and see what sub forums are of interest to you.