New Member from Fresno, Ca

ssd1855

Reaction score
I have been fly fishing for 3 years, so far limited to trout fishing in rivers and streams. I stumbled upon this forum while researching bone fishing in the Bahamas and Belize.
Steve

Reactions: spm

outofthesaddle

Reaction score
Welcome! It’s been many years since I moved away but I have many great memories of growing up just outside of Fresno.

silver creek

Reaction score
I have been fly fishing for 3 years, so far limited to trout fishing in rivers and streams. I stumbled upon this forum while researching bone fishing in the Bahamas and Belize.
Steve
Welcome.

How far do you have to travel from the raisin capital of the world to find a trout stream?

WWKimba

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. You'll find that there are a lot of fine and experienced fishers, tyers, teachers and overall good people on the site. I'm a born and bred central NYer. I've been tying for over 50 years and hosting fly swaps for almost 11 years now. I hope that we cross paths here and until then,

Tight lines!

Kim

ssd1855

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Steveppp

steve
Thank you.
Welcome.

How far do you have to travel from the raisin capital of the world to find a trout stream?
I have yet to do much fly fishing around here. Some up in the Sierra Nevada just above us. I have had the opportunity to fish the Tahoe/Truckee area a bit last year.

My first time fly fishing was on a whim 2 summers ago when were in West Yellowstone. I walked into Madison River outfitters and walked out with a rod, reel and a float down the Madison. A float trip on your first outing isn't the best idea and I had an 8 year old with me. We both caught fish but it was difficult. We were heading east wound up in Cody and found Northfork Anglers. We ended up fishing in that area for a few days all walk/wade fishing which I found easier with a young kid.

This last summer we fished back in Cody and in the northern part of Yellowstone and West toward Livingston/Bozeman.

The individuals up there are quite lucky.

I am looking forward to doing some exploring around here. The mountains are only 45 minutes from us…the problem is they are on fire half the summer.

is the san joaquin river flowing? i wonder how far south the shad get?

planettrout

Reaction score
Thank you.

I have yet to do much fly fishing around here. Some up in the Sierra Nevada just above us. I have had the opportunity to fish the Tahoe/Truckee area a bit last year.

My first time fly fishing was on a whim 2 summers ago when were in West Yellowstone. I walked into Madison River outfitters and walked out with a rod, reel and a float down the Madison. A float trip on your first outing isn't the best idea and I had an 8 year old with me. We both caught fish but it was difficult. We were heading east wound up in Cody and found Northfork Anglers. We ended up fishing in that area for a few days all walk/wade fishing which I found easier with a young kid.

This last summer we fished back in Cody and in the northern part of Yellowstone and West toward Livingston/Bozeman.

The individuals up there are quite lucky.

I am looking forward to doing some exploring around here. The mountains are only 45 minutes from us…the problem is they are on fire half the summer.
Welcome !!!

Might want to bookmark this site and do some perusing. There is a ton of information about FF in your area and other destinations in the Sierra:

PT/TB

ssd1855

Reaction score
Thanks. I am really glad I found this site. The amount of information here is amazing.
Have you spent much time up here?
I just joined the local FF club.

ssd1855

Reaction score
is the san joaquin river flowing? i wonder how far south the shad get?
The San Joaquin is running…a lot of water flowing into the Delta passing a tons of farmland. I don’t think the delta smelt returned they way they envisioned.