New Member from Georgia

GAflycaster

Reaction score
Hello
New Member from Athens, Georgia saying Hello. Been an avid fisherman all my life but just really took up fly fishing in the last few years. Looking to this forum to learn all I can and perhaps meet new friends. Most of my fishing will be in the Mountains of North GA, NC, & TN, focusing on GA. I took my first trip out west 3 years ago to Montana and that really spoiled me as far as fishing goes! Hopefully that will be an annual trip but in the meantime I will do as much fishing around here as I can. My wife and I are new empty nesters(our youngest is in college) so we have time on our hands for weekend trips especially. We really enjoy RV travel and camping in the Mountains of the Southeast and like to use that as tool to get to fishing destinations. Again, relatively new at this, especially trekking out on my own so forgive any stupid questions please.
Thanks!

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi GAflycaster! Welcome to the forum. Don't sweat asking any questions that come to mind. You've got the right place for answers.

Denny

WWKimba

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! And one thing i learned from 20+ years teaching - the ONLY dumb question is the UNasked one! My name is Kim and I'm a born and bred central NY'er. Been tying for 50 years and host swaps for 10+ years now.

You'll find this site is loaded with some fine and experienced fishers/tyers, teachers and overall good people. I hope we cross paths on the site and I wish you tigh lines.

Kim

jwbowen

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Remember most questions have already been asked and are
easily searchable using google or search function. Try using "your question and
theflyfishingforum.com". The members here are really kind and helpful.

ps Please dont ask what the best 4wt rod is!!!! lol:))))

dswice

Reaction score
From Athens; must be a Dawg's fan. Go Dawgs! Welcome to the forum GAflycaster. Maybe we can come up with a new Uga fly which incorporates special bulldog hair and drives the brookies wild.

GAflycaster

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! Feel at home already. Yes dswice, true UGA Dawgs fan here. My daughter and my money go there as well!!

TroutFinn

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself, but have found folks quite willing to answer questions; and it's a great place to read when you can't get to the water.