New member from Melbourne, Australia.

Nicholls

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Brendan, I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Been fly fishing on and off for 30 years, since I was 12 years old. Recently got the fly fishing bug again and more in love with it than ever. I love the great wealth of knowledge and information available here on this forum. It's great to be a part of it.

Crocwrestler

Reaction score
G’day Brendan and welcome to the forum. I’m sure all the US based fellas will give you a few weeks to get settled in, and then start peppering you with questions about Harfin reels. With the current exchange rate, those Aussie reels are looking mighty nice. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicholls

Reaction score
G’day Brendan and welcome to the forum. I’m sure all the US based fellas will give you a few weeks to get settled in, and then start peppering you with questions about Harfin reels. With the current exchange rate, those Aussie reels are looking mighty nice. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey mate thanks for that. Funnily enough, my recent reel purchases have been USA made reels. Nothing wrong with that though.

new2flyfishing

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sooooo much information here. Plenty of gorgeous pictures of fish, flies and scenery as well. Some excellent videos posted. You can spend a lot of enjoyable time here. I am. 😁

Nicholls

Reaction score
do you still wear amour in the back country, in case you are attacted by, drop bears? scary critters
Actually us Aussie fly fishes have just trained the drop bears well to terrify and scare away the bait and spin fisherman, leaving the best water for the fly fisherman. Its a well sorted mutual relationship we have going on with them. Works perfectly ;)

WWKimba

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! You'll find a lot offine and expeienced fisher/tyers and just all around good people on this site. I've been tying for 50 years now so it means one very important thing -- I'm OLD! Hope we cross paths here and until then,

Tight lines!

Kim

Nicholls

Reaction score
did one of your countryman try to sell New Zealand on E-Bay many years ago> what price did you get for it?
Lol not too sure about this one. But I can say, one of the best things about living where I do in Australia, as a fly fisherman, is that we are only a 3 hour flight from New Zealand. In more normal times when we can actually fly there.

mikemac1

Reaction score
Welcome, Nick if you run into Cam MacGregor of Riverescapes (Eastern Vic) let him know I still plan on collecting my waders and boots I left with him in March 2020 as we got kicked out of AU because of COVID.

Nicholls

Reaction score
Welcome, Nick if you run into Cam MacGregor of Riverescapes (Eastern Vic) let him know I still plan on collecting my waders and boots I left with him in March 2020 as we got kicked out of AU because of COVID.
Hey Mike, thanks. I know of Cam MacGregor sure, great guide from what I hear. If I see him around the traps ill let him know (y)