Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Dave. I recently joined so that I may discuss the joy's of fly fishing with others. I have lived in New York my entire life. Grew up near Onieda lake, been fishing since I was 4 years old. Fly fishing came I bit later in life for me. I am 53 and started 8 years ago. I absolutely love it and wishing I started sooner. I own 4 rods, a Sage Accel 9'5wt, Winston Kairos 8'6" 4wt, Redington Path and 7'6" 4wt Bamboo rod. I love fishing my local small streams but also enjoy Salmon and Steelhead fishing as well. I few weeks ago I caught my first 3 fish on the Delaware River. 20200605_161539.jpg

JoJer

Reaction score
Seriously, my mom and two sisters still live in Jersey. I'm telling my sister not to send any more Swiss colony, just fill me up one of those big flat-rate boxes stuffed full of frozen scrapple.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I'm quite familiar with the part of the country where you live and many others. If you become a regular conversationalist here you'll make friends. There are plenty of members around you who may have questions for you and you them. Activity wise we are good but things pick up late fall and through winter more than mid July :)

Good forum choice,

Ard

falcon53

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Dave. Some really knowledgeable good people here. I and quite a few members fish the Upper Delaware. Congrats catching your first 3 fish on the Delaware as the fish can be very selective. have you fished for the wild browns in Wiscoy Creek?

Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Dave. Some really knowledgeable good people here. I and quite a few members fish the Upper Delaware. Congrats catching your first 3 fish on the Delaware as the fish can be very selective. have you fished for the wild browns in Wiscoy Creek?
Thank-you for the welcome. No I have not fished Wiscoy Creek though I have heard of it. Sadly most of my fishing has been at Nine Mile, Butternut, Limestone, and Chittenango Creek. Mostly just for convenience to the access from where I live. I have been trying to branch out to other areas.

flytie09

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Dave. Fellow New Yorker here originally from the North shore of Oneida Lake. Some great folks and anglers on here to share stories and ideas with. Cheers.