New Moonshine Epiphany Design?

NMtrout

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Moonshine Epiphany euro rod? It seems like most reviews of the rod are based on the old design.

Thanks!

sasquatch7

Reaction score
IMHO Moonshine rods aren't all that great so I wouldn't expect them to have a great nymph rod . I'd stay with an established rod If you're looking for a nymph rod that is .

swfl daz

Reaction score
IMHO Moonshine rods aren't all that great so I wouldn't expect them to have a great nymph rod . I'd stay with an established rod If you're looking for a nymph rod that is .
Based on?

I've had and have several of their rods and would say that for their price point they're one of the best values out there. I switched over most of my less expensive rods from TFO to Moonshine last year and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I'm not a EuroNympher and haven't tried any of the Epiphanies, but I can say that at under $200 their Drifters can't be beat. The Midnight Specials are really nice as well (I've got five of their rods in different models and weights). I just got one of the new Outcasts and while I really liked the originals (8 and 10wts), the new one is really impressive. No they're not in the same class as $600 rods, but they're not priced anywhere near that either.

yikes

Reaction score
I bought a 9' 5wt Moonshine Drifter. It was aesthetically pleasing, but seemed to me to have a heavy swing weight and I found my arm getting tired by mid-afternoon. I used it for a brief while, but it now sits in the closet as a spare rod after I bought an Orvis Recon.

Sorry, I have no experience with the Epiphany.