New Ross Colorado reel

osseous

Reaction score
Ross has posted a brand new reel on their website- available for pre-order. The Colorado is a highly ported click drag reel, weighing 3.5oz in the larger 4/5 size. 2/3 size comes in at 3.2

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

osseous

Reaction score
Didn't or don't they have the Colorado already?
Colorado LT. This looks to be an update/replacement, though the site is unclear on that. It shows both designs. It will be nice to see some images of the new one loaded with backing and line- bet it comes alive with a bit of color.

troutbum_74

Reaction score
Colorado LT. This looks to be an update/replacement, though the site is unclear on that. It shows both designs. It will be nice to see some images of the new one loaded with backing and line- bet it comes alive with a bit of color.

Check our Ken Tanaka’s latest Wish4Fish video. He’s using the new model. On a new rod brand from Montana called NATIVE. He’s using a new size 4/5 Ross Colorado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNCtroutstalker

Reaction score
Hmmm. A redesign of a redesign. I think the new one looks better than the LT/prior one (which I really don't care for -- I'm talking looks), but I'd rather spend an extra $60 and get an Abel TR. If I thought the TR was just too heavy for the intended rod, then I'd personally still go in another direction for a light reel. But to each his own. To me the best looking Colorado is the 0 from the original series.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Slightly different machining. Meh. Slightly heavier. Maybe not a bad thing. 40 bucks increase in price. Meh.
I'll stick with the 3 CO LTs I have.

okaloosa

Reaction score
Hmmm. A redesign of a redesign. I think the new one looks better than the LT/prior one (which I really don't care for -- I'm talking looks), but I'd rather spend an extra $60 and get an Abel TR. If I thought the TR was just too heavy for the intended rod, then I'd personally still go in another direction for a light reel. But to each his own. To me the best looking Colorado is the 0 from the original series.
I dunno..my Colorado LT looks just fine to me and handles fish just dandy....stevesrod.jpg

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Here is another new techie clicker, the Ultraclick

Select Model

$250.00

FIND A STORE
  • A new standard in light weight reel design
  • Adjustable all metal clicker system
  • Enclosed line guard frame design for use with leader only systems and ultra thin Fly lines
  • Push off spool release
  • The lightest Fly reel ever produced by Hardy
A new standard in ultra light fly reels. The UCL series is our lightest ever fly reel, featuring a fully enclosed line guard for use with ultra thin line designs and leader only systems this series of reels is the ultimate for the light line aficionado. Fitted with an adjustable all-metal click system this is the perfect reel for the lightest of applications.

Ultraclick UCL Reel

QUICK-SELECT

WNCtroutstalker

Reaction score
Here is another new techie clicker, the Ultraclick
Interesting. Not to get this thread off track, but I think anyone looking for a light, simple reel should check out the Danielsson Midge and Nymph, both part of their Original series. Not the most stylish, but well made and only $156 (as of today, Danielsson's USD prices understandably fluctuate a bit based on exchange rates).

drakeking412

Reaction score
I saw that also, I love my LT and I don't see a reason to change. I wonder why they redesigned? That new Hardy reel is pretty cool too but I really don't like the arrows machined in the spool.