New Simms Flyweight wader

jwbowen

Reaction score
Great video from Simms on the "Flyweight Wader" on "flyfisherman.com". Video describes the features and benefits very well.
Also explains the new grid system on the bib and the attaching accouterments. Unfortunately, they did not disclose the weight
or the fabric thickness of the various fabrics used on the waders.

Last edited:

elkchapo

Reaction score
I recently picked up a pair of Simms' Flyweight Shoes and they've been great. Comfy, lightweight, drain water well and have an aggressive tread. Interested to see the Flyweight waders in person and see if they live up to the rest of the flyweight line.

Ganderzone

Reaction score
Elkchapo, what's the fit profile on the flyweights? I've heard they run narrow and I have regular/ wide feet with normal arches.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Elkchapo, what's the fit profile on the flyweights? I've heard they run narrow and I have regular/ wide feet with normal arches.
I have the fly weight boots and don't feel they run narrow. My feet are the same as yours.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
My street size in an 11. I bought these in a 12 and they are a little big. Not enough to make a difference while hiking or wading. This also allows me to wear heavier socks if needed and still have "wiggle room" for my toes. I like a little wiggle room.
Last year I put about 300 miles on them. Normal wear and tear and still comfy. Rubber sole could be a touch beefier but that would add weight. And they've held up to all those miles in the Rockies. I'm not one to baby my boots or waders.

darkshadow

Reaction score
I've been interested in the Flyweight boots as 95% of my wading is done without waders. Unfortunately, my previous pair of Simms Vapors suffered from the seams coming apart after 2 seasons, so I elected to get canyoneering boots for my wet wading, as 90% of my wet wading is more canyoneering than actual fishing.

Am definitely curious what others feel about these Flyweight Waders tho!