New software issue log

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

You will see that the forum has now been moved onto the Xenforo software. I hope you like it! I know it will take a bit of getting used to but hopefully you will find it more user friendly and much faster than the previous software.

This thread is for you to post any questions or issues you may have and I will do my best to help. Some of the settings and permissions will be different from our previous software. I have done my best to change these but if something isn't working properly it's likely to be a permission issue, so just let me know and I will change it for you. If something isn't as you expect it to be, don't worry, we should be able to fix it.

Just to note, the ads are not showing yet but they will need to be put back in I'm afraid.

Best wishes,

Kirsty

P.S. I will do my best to respond quickly, but I'm juggling work and a 5 year old at the moment so if I'm slow, that's why!

dr d

Reaction score
hi kirsty,

thanks a lot for your wunderful work!👏

best wishes,

thomas

zjory

Reaction score
Kirsty,

I'm a big fan of the new forum! I logged in on my desktop to check it out as I saw this post. I have not logged in (have used Tapatalk for access) in a couple years as the certs were questionable on the old forum. It's good to see the forum is now using Cloudflare to manage certs.
I don't think many of us mind the ads as long as they don't affect the functionality of the site, hopefully they won't with Xenforo.
One thing I am noticing is the many Ebay USA posts. That looks to me like it's automatically being pulled, so assuming that is due to switch and permissions and those won't be dominating the feed in the future.

djfan

Reaction score
I found it a bit clumsy on my phone, but that may be just because it's new. I'll give it a few weeks. Thanks for all your work!!!

iv_wjb

Reaction score
Hello Kirsty,

Thanks to you and your crew for all your work behind the scenes... The new look is nice and working well!

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi Kirsty thanks for all the work put into the forum appearance!

One question, how do I get my old avatar back?

Thanks! Denny

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have turned Ebay off so I hope no more new posts appear, they will still show until there are enough new posts to make them disappear. Hopefully that won’t take long!
re.Avatars, I think you may need to add a new one, by clicking on your username at the top. Looks like I need to do mine too!

ts47

Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work! I already like it better. It's much easier and faster to click through. (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

dharkin

Reaction score
When I click on a thread and want to see the most recent addition to the thread, I used to click on the last entry or the date of the thread. However, the new format always takes me to the opening post, not the last post made to the thread.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
When I click on a thread and want to see the most recent addition to the thread, I used to click on the last entry or the date of the thread. However, the new format always takes me to the opening post, not the last post made to the thread.
Same here. Overall like the new look though.

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to use the forums image hosting... now all of that is gone. Every photo I uploaded and shared is gone. (sad emoji)
All content should have moved over so I will check this. Do you have a link to a thread where something is missing that I can show him?

Druunkonego

Reaction score
The old site had an Albums section within your profile page. I used to upload all the photos that I would post here directly to that, as opposed to using a third party site like Imgur or Photobucket... but that feature seems to be gone now. For instance I had several recent posts in the "Brown Trout Pics" thread, but now those images, along with my photo albums are missing.

trev

Reaction score
Hi all, I have turned Ebay off so I hope no more new posts appear,
That didn't seem to work.

This format doesn't seem to have an inline image upload like the other format, using a third party is more trouble than my images are worth- so am I not finding the "browse & upload files" or is that feature gone?

The thing is much faster. but I miss the "today's posts" feature, it's now navigate the entire site to see updates to the many threads and going to the first post of a many paged thread each time is aggravating, a "last post " button would make easier use.

There used to be notes in the profile on each post that gave user's location, a handy thing if giving advice.

Last edited:

dharkin

Reaction score
Hey Trev, hover over the user's avatar and that will display their information and provide options.

Last edited:

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
So I do see the jump to new button at the top of some threads which at least takes you to the last page. But this button is not appearing on all threads.
I would like to see the ability to close certain sections of the forums returned to eliminate having to scroll the topics I never look at.

duker

Reaction score
I like it! Only spent a few minutes taking a look but some definite improvements from what I can see.

Thanks for the update and related hard work.

Scott