New software issue log

ts47

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the new software! I learned that I can edit the title of a thread I start - you know, when you have that one typo you missed before posting. Nice touch! Thanks for everything you guys are doing. (y)

spm

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Thanks, yes it’s definitely been challenging!
I’m sorry if I’m misinterpreting the question, when I click on a thread title in the main forum list it takes me to the first page of the thread. Is that what you mean?

Kirsty
Kirsty,
When I renter a thread, it seems to be taking me to the last page in that thread that I read. I guess it assumes I want to continue from where I left off. I would prefer to make that decision myself. Is there a preference setting that I haven't found to set this?

Thanks,
steve

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Banned
Reaction score
Is tapatalk even necessary? What added purpose does it serve?
I am on fire tablet and as stated before it is super annoying.
Sorry for the slow response to this one. No, tapatalk is not necessary but a lot of people seemed to want it so we (reluctantly) added it.
Are you getting a popup asking you to use tapatalk? That shouldn't be happening. Is tapatalk installed on the device you are using to view the forum?

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Banned
Reaction score
Kirsty,
When I renter a thread, it seems to be taking me to the last page in that thread that I read. I guess it assumes I want to continue from where I left off. I would prefer to make that decision myself. Is there a preference setting that I haven't found to set this?

Thanks,
steve
To be honest I'm not sure about this one. I think it is the default to take you to the last post you read. I will continue to look for a way to set this in preferences, but I haven't found it yet sorry!

Reactions: spm

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow response to this one. No, tapatalk is not necessary but a lot of people seemed to want it so we (reluctantly) added it.
Are you getting a popup asking you to use tapatalk? That shouldn't be happening. Is tapatalk installed on the device you are using to view the forum?
No tapatalk installed. The tapatalk pop ups are not as frequent as they were but still see one at least once a day.

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Banned
Reaction score
No tapatalk installed. The tapatalk pop ups are not as frequent as they were but still see one at least once a day.
I didn't know they did that, how sneaky of them! I thought it might be a phone setting if Tapatalk was installed, but it sounds like a way of Tapatalk trying to attract more users. I will see if I can stop that happening.

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Banned
Reaction score
I *think* I have disabled this now - would you mind checking for me and let me know if you still see the popup?

bish0p

Reaction score
During the migration to the new forum software all my bookmarked threads are gone. Is there a way to retrieve this?

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Banned
Reaction score
During the migration to the new forum software all my bookmarked threads are gone. Is there a way to retrieve this?
I’m sorry I don’t think it is as the links are different in this software. If I find a way I’ll let you know!

liphookedau

Reaction score
Hi Kirsty.
You will find I've already sent an Email to you also your New site looks great however like many others in The transmission to The new site & because I changed servers over here in Australia all my previous info etc was lost & I had to re-register Although I'd been to Alaska & Fished with Ard & went to Wyoming & fished with Larry as well as Tied many Flies for Swaps & over many years conversed with all of The long time members as I originally joined in 2008.
Cheers.
Brian

Reactions: Ard

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
I show you re-registered on December 20 of 2019. I have no further content beyond that re-registering and I'm sorry to tell you that. I, like everyone here am relearning the forum procedures with this new software platform and have no idea of how to access the old Vbulletin content. I'm still trying to figure out how to salvage and organize my old blog which had 150 articles with hundreds of images imbedded in them.........

liphookedau

Reaction score
Thanks Kirsty.
Ard I'm supposed to be now in Canada after Atlantic Salmon then to Alaska on the 6th July & was hoping to again catch up with you as it's been too long between Drinks however The Chinese have really put The Cat among The Pidgeons.
Looks like I'll just have to get re aquainted with our Old Crew.
Brian

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Kirsty.
You will find I've already sent an Email to you also your New site looks great however like many others in The transmission to The new site & because I changed servers over here in Australia all my previous info etc was lost & I had to re-register Although I'd been to Alaska & Fished with Ard & went to Wyoming & fished with Larry as well as Tied many Flies for Swaps & over many years conversed with all of The long time members as I originally joined in 2008.
Cheers.
Brian
Hi Brian,

Nobody should have lost content as a result of the software change. If you can let me know your old username I will try and find it!
Ard - let's talk, we can get this content back if anything's missing, don't worry!

Kirsty

GlennNY

Reaction score
When I open a thread, sometimes it shows the first post (normal) sometimes it shows the last post of the first page:confused:

spm

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked, but as many on here will attest, I can be a bit slow. I have skimmed the above questions. Did our personal blogs disappear? I know mine wasn't much compared to some, but there were some entries I had saved.

Thanks,
steve