New software issue log

JoJer

Reaction score
I really like the scroll over preview for threads but it doesn't seem to be working consistently. I can't figure out why some do and some don't.
I stuck a new battery in my mouse, but the scroll over still doesn't work consistently

trev

Reaction score

trev

Reaction score

Well that worked with your post it seems but not with mine (edit; above and below were linked to my above post #62 and it went to the first post on the page instead)

Last edited:

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I'm good with the ads BUT, this info popup across the bottom (the one about airbags, blah, blah, blah and Morgan Freeman) takes a full 2/3's of my tablet. When posting a reply that and the qwerty leave me with a window of less than 2 inches in an 8" screen. So I am constantly scrolling to type as that info ad routinely gets larger and blocks where I am typing. Annoying.
Just wanted to let you know and confident it will be resolved.

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
No issues here. Still looking around the site.

There's a default in preferences/privacy settings that allows users to... Receive your news feed: All visitors.

I changed it from all visitors to members only. I assume that means only members can see what I post now?
I'm good with the ads BUT, this info popup across the bottom (the one about airbags, blah, blah, blah and Morgan Freeman) takes a full 2/3's of my tablet. When posting a reply that and the qwerty leave me with a window of less than 2 inches in an 8" screen. So I am constantly scrolling to type as that info ad routinely gets larger and blocks where I am typing. Annoying.
Just wanted to let you know and confident it will be resolved.
oh dear, could you possibly screenshot it so I can see where it is? The ads themselves change so I don’t see the airbag one, but if I can see the position it’s in I might be able to sort it. Thanks.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Hi Kirsty, Two issues I've encountered are 1. Cursor inconsistency; sometimes yes sometimes no, I can not place the cursor where I want it...I have to go where I want to edit and right click then left click to make a change then again to return to the end of the last sentence. Weird (but not during writing this post). 2. A pop-up video add right over the thread content which must be x'ed out to even read what is beneath it...constantly annoying. It would not bother me in the margin but in the content? Bad.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
The jump to new button not working for me. Some thread it doesn't even appear. No biggy as can just go to last page by using fast forward button. Just thought you might want to know.

h2ofishfloatski

Reaction score
Hadn't checked in for a bit and was caught off guard by the change. I noticed that I'm not seeing peoples photos in posts. Personal profile and photo albums seem to have gone away. Not sure I have the time to rebuild anew right now and I don't currently use third party photo apps. I'll need to spend a bit of time relearning this when there is a spell of weather too terrible to fish in! Is there a tutorial posted anywhere?

WNCtroutstalker

Reaction score
Hello. I can't figure out how to delete messages, now called conversations, from my inbox. I can check a box next to each message/conversation, but there's no pop-up or other prompt with a delete option. If I check a box I do get a menu bar along the bottom (often blocked by an ad), but the action options don't include "delete". I recall that under the old system software there was a limit of 200 messages and so I tend to clean mine out every so often (especially since under the old system being quoted resulted in a message to the inbox). If this limit no longer exists then it's not really a big deal, but interested to know if it's possible to delete old messages. Thank you.

trev

Reaction score
Hello. I can't figure out how to delete messages, now called conversations, from my inbox. I can check a box next to each message/conversation, but there's no pop-up or other prompt with a delete option. If I check a box I do get a menu bar along the bottom (often blocked by an ad), but the action options don't include "delete". I recall that under the old system software there was a limit of 200 messages and so I tend to clean mine out every so often (especially since under the old system being quoted resulted in a message to the inbox). If this limit no longer exists then it's not really a big deal, but interested to know if it's possible to delete old messages. Thank you.
I checked the boxes, clicked the "selected" box top right that brought up the action options at bottom and within the popup selected "leave conversation" and then "go"- popup saying

"Leave conversations

Leaving a conversation will remove it from your conversation list.

Future message handling

• Accept future messages Should this conversation receive further responses in the future, this conversation will be restored to your inbox.
  • Ignore future messages You will not be notified of any future responses and the conversation will remain deleted.
  • "

Click "save'' and the messages were deleted.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Please get rid of the tapatalk pop up. Every time I try to open a thread it pops up asking me if I want to use it instead of my browser. Everytime. Super annoying. Should only have to say no once. Not every thread every day.
Please

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Please get rid of the tapatalk pop up. Every time I try to open a thread it pops up asking me if I want to use it instead of my browser. Everytime. Super annoying. Should only have to say no once. Not every thread every day.
Please
Can we do something about this please !
Because of this single issue I am not able to access the forum from my phone
Total blockage

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we do something about this please !
Because of this single issue I am not able to access the forum from my phone
Total blockage
Sorry about this, I am not a fan of Tapatalk for many reasons and I know this is annoying. I don't see an option in the Tapatalk settings to change this, I tam wondering if it could be a phone setting perhaps. What device/browser are you using?