New Taylor reel Revelation available to order this Friday at 25% off

WNCtroutstalker

Reaction score
I obviously can't speak to/compare the drags/insides, but my first thought was that with the open frame it reminds me of the Nautilus X. I know that a lot of people like how light the X reels are, but to me they're too light especially for the higher weights. So I like that the Taylor is heavier (though not heavy). I think the 7-9 wt would balance quite well with a number of rods in that range. Really like the narrow spool and the large arbor.

Reactions: Ard

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
It picks up line very rapidly and intuitively uniformly. I'm newish to inset handles but it turns out that adapting to them is not necessary, you just reel in and the palming rim is easier to use. This reel is light but solid and not ridiculously light. All my current rods are reel matched but this reel will be a contender for my next new rod.

taylorreels

Trade Member
Reaction score
We based the design heavily on our TYPE1 series (which was our very first reel from 2012) and our Enigma. We designed the reel with guides in mind. Our guides look for solid reels that are difficult to damage and can take high levels of abuse without being overly expressive. The reel is extremely solid for it’s weight and has a lot of the premium features from our Revolution Z (such as the drag and handle).

This is our original TYPE1 and our Enigma.
99E36F44-96B4-4D1A-84B1-57C694EE5A99.jpegbluegoldfade.jpg

dillon

Reaction score
Nice looking reel. I’m in the market for a 4wt rod reel. However, the 4-6 wt model appears to be too heavy. What say you about that, R and/ or Mr. Taylor?

taylorreels

Trade Member
Reaction score
The weight is designed to be perfect on any of our 5wt rods which are about 2.8oz-2.9oz in physical weight. Balance is the goal for us.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Dillon, are we talking about your ONE 9'/#4? I think at 5.8 oz. this reel is more a 5-weight reel. I'm fishing their T1 on my 9'/#4 very happily.
T19 076 SKY#4 vs.jpg

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
What is the weight difference between your #5 and new 6-weight Truth? Will this reel balance the super potent #6?

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
For 8 1/2'/#4 ONE a reel of about 4 3/4 oz. is optimal. Matthew, what do you pair with your 8 1/2'/#4 Anomaly?