New

bonefish41

Reaction score
Showed up today Danielsson F3W 7ten... 4.25/108mmDanf3w7ten.jpg full cage spool diameter..loaded with 300 50 braid and RIO iFlight 500 grain with running line for upcoming Steel Pere Marquette...but I put 300 yds backing for using it with 9wt TCX for Permit when I take the 'git line off... loaded weight 8.2 oz $218 delivered..it's gossamer not like my old Abel 4N

WNCtroutstalker

Reaction score
From a quality to price perspective, Danielsson is no doubt near if not at the very top. Perhaps the best reel few (in the US at least) have ever heard of. Enjoy that new reel!

okiekev

Reaction score
Wow! That looks great! Would love to hear more on your thoughts!

What rods balance? Rate the drag? Compare to others? Etc...

Nice reel! Congrats!

JDR

Reaction score
If this is your first Danielsson reel I am sure you are going to be very happy. If you already have experience with Danielsson then you know what to expect. It will put a large smile on your face.

bonefish41

Reaction score
Its first use will be last of March for Steel in Michigan. But I scaled its drag...with full spool as pictured... not quite full spool which I anticipate when changing over to either my 9 wt or 10 wt Permit line. I tested at 2, 3, and 4 lbs and it released smoothly...now we shall see with fish run and marine/salt use...but as said before my static reel drag never exceeds 4lb usually 2,5-3lbs...because I don't want to risk any mal-adjustment when any fish surges, particularly a Permit, just release the hand on spool...last trip it was a soft hook that clustered...not reel drag also got jacked