North Carolina, Greensboro to WNC

rc51sport

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I've only been living in NC for a couple years. I have only been fly fishing, or any NC fishing, for a few months. I don't have many friends locally that have this same interest

If anyone is ever looking for someone to fish with I am available any Fridays-sundays. I have no "secret spots" to share and am not looking for someone to share theirs. Just a good time looking for fish with good people.
If anyone in the area is bored and wants to meet up feel free to reach out to me!

-Dan

kevind62

Reaction score
I've recently started fishing up your way. Will likely plan more trips. Already been 3 times. Probably head back up that way in a couple weeks. Dillsboro - Tuckasegee area.

c web

Reaction score
First weekend over 60 degrees I am gone, love to have company. I usually fish more backwoods locations although the Nantahala is my home river, I grew up 10 minutes away, fished it almost everyday, and I still fish it occasionally now but mostly go to more out of the way streams.

Dan your always welcome and I will let you know when I am going. I usually leave Friday after work and camp Friday night then fish all day Saturday, get up early Sunday morning and drive home.

Last edited:

rc51sport

Reaction score
Unfortunately I most likely won't be able to get out until the first week of March, possibly the weekend before. Trying to work extra and save up some money before then and will be driving down to Florida in a couple weeks for a wedding.
I got my new 3wt imperial I can't wait to try out! I just need to grab a reel and some line for, finally got a reason to use my 25$ bass pro gift card!
I now get Fridays off from work so I will be looking forward to the overnight trips!
Can't wait!

-Dan

c web

Reaction score
Unfortunately I most likely won't be able to get out until the first week of March, possibly the weekend before. Trying to work extra and save up some money before then and will be driving down to Florida in a couple weeks for a wedding.
I got my new 3wt imperial I can't wait to try out! I just need to grab a reel and some line for, finally got a reason to use my 25$ bass pro gift card!
I now get Fridays off from work so I will be looking forward to the overnight trips!
Can't wait!

-Dan
NICE! I picked up a 7'6" CT 3wt as well, looks like we have our creek rods sorted.

I put an old pflueger medalist I had laying around on it. Some of those old click/pawl reels can be had really cheap on ebay and on a 3wt creek rod should do the job nicely. I am especially fond of the old South Bends and Pfluegers.

rc51sport

Reaction score
Figured a Redington zero should feel good on the rod. I don't mind the price with the gift card either. Will have my wife grab me some line from F&S

I want to try around the Spruce Pine area, there's a pizza shop up there I like to stop at.

c web

Reaction score
Figured a Redington zero should feel good on the rod. I don't mind the price with the gift card either. Will have my wife grab me some line from F&S

I want to try around the Spruce Pine area, there's a pizza shop up there I like to stop at.
South Toe is pretty good, I have fished it quite a bit.

NCNewby

Reaction score
I’m just outside Cashiers from June till November each year. If you’re still looking, just let me know when you’re headed my way.

Bill