Official panfish-Bass Fly Swap 2019-20

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Please see the new thread posted and we'll go from there.

I may Merge this thread into the new one tomorrow so all subscribers get a redirect to the new thread.

bocianka1

Reaction score
I've started tying some flip-flop poppers yesterday. I'll have my flies ready and to the host (or whomever takes over hosting) by the deadline. I'll try to get a picture uploaded at some point as well.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
All good, I'm not sure how many tiers are doing this because I was not involved at all in the swap. It appears that I am now so I say; please view the new thread I stuck to the top of the Fly Swap forum and make a choice on that poll.

If everyone wants to continue but no one wants to manage the swap I will do it. So, like I said, all good.

bocianka1

Reaction score
Fellas,

As Ard mentioned in the Poll thread, I am glad to take over hosting duties for the swap. I see a lot of you guys have already tied your flies in good faith and I would really like to see that rewarded with a successful swap. I will PM each member individually to see if you are still on board and to provide you with my address and contact info to send in your flies. We will keep the rules and deadline as originally agreed upon. Have your dozen flies and your three bass flies to me by February 15th. I will PM each member when i receive your flies so that you can stay updated as well as update the list here on the thread. My goal is to see this swap to completion even if we lose a few members. If i have to, I'll throw in a few other flies to round out the numbers.

Based on the thread, here is what everyone has agreed to before i took over. ia_trouter is questionable. Unless I hear from him, we will plan on going forward without him. As members confirm to continue with the swap, i will update this list.

1. ia_trouter- the McGinty, and three reverse tied deer hair bass streamer flies. (CONFIRMED on poll thread)

2. ottosmagic13-bully FLIES RECEIVED

3. Gillage-X-gurgler FLIES RECEIVED

4. Kentuckysteve-Ant Pattern (WITHDRAWN)

5. DonW-flying ant FLIES RECEIVED

6. Flukefly-Stayner Ducktail FLIES RECEIVED

7. Johnny Maltby- yellow deer hair spiders FLIES RECEIVED

8. bocianka1- flip flop poppers *hosting*/FLIES RECEIVED

9. nuchamp- Predator FLIES RECEIVED

10. The Mad Duck-Sinking Spider, foam/hair bass bugs FLIES RECEIVED - gold star for being first

11. Philly- Yeller Fly FLIES RECEIVED

12. Fly rod buddy (paul) Rio getter or airhead minnow FLIES RECEIVED

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Don't forget to provide a clear return address so i can make sure everyone can receive their flies.

tight lines,

-Keith-
(bocianka1)

Last edited:

DonW

Reaction score
I have mine completed and just waiting on address to send to. I tied three bonus foam wigglers, not most productive fly by numbers caught, but the sunnies that did bight were easily double normal weight so one of my favorite warm water fly to toss around.

johnnymaltby

Reaction score
If we don't have enough members to get to 12 patterns I am happy to tie additional flies to round out the number. I learned to fly fish by catching bluegill so I am sitting on a bunch of patterns. At the moment it is too cold to fish in Chicago so I might as well spend time at the bench.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm assuming everyone has received the mailing address at this time. So glad to see this moving along as planned at this time. If you have not received the mailing address make sure your PM functions are enabled.

Looking forward to seeing some photos once everything is finished.

bocianka1

Reaction score
Finished my flip flop poppers today. Im not the best at photographing my flies, so hopefully this turns out ok. They're garish looking, but I think it makes them easier for sunnies to find.

The only person I haven't confirmed for continuing in the swap is Kentuckysteve. Hopefully he received my PM's. If not, maybe he'll see this and reach out.

Looking forward to seeing all the flies fellas. Thanks to everyone for keeping up with the swap.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ard