Old Vicki fly rod 2”-3” broke off tip

Randal

Reaction score
I would like to find another top section for this rod or l will get another top eyelet put on it and have new thread wrapped on the others.
This was my bothers who died 1980 l just had it sitting with my fishing gear and would like to get it fishable.
I did some searching but did not find much info.
Randal

4CD2CE47-6FE9-4D5F-9AC3-9CFB86577B13.jpeg4CD2CE47-6FE9-4D5F-9AC3-9CFB86577B13.jpegB8320410-4228-48DB-BC28-63281E93A4A7.jpeg4CD2CE47-6FE9-4D5F-9AC3-9CFB86577B13.jpeg

jayr

Reaction score
From what little I could find, they have very little monetary value. Your value is sentimental and I understand that.

To get it repaired would take finding someone to build you a new tip or you could shorten it and replace the tip. It probably won't fish the same, but it would be "fishable."

Randal

Reaction score
Yes l seen it did not have lots of value. I have found someone who will put the eyelet on and rerap the others with new thread.
Thank you
Randal

jayr

Reaction score
Once you do that, clean up the ferrules and it looks like the finish is pretty thin. Get some Spar varnish and apply that as well.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Just replace the tip top. Having someone try to replicate the tip section will be costly and not give a true action to the rod.
It will cast fine with a new tip guide.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
With further inspection of your photos it looks like the ferrules need to be reset as well. I would hang that rod on the wall as a tribute.

Randal

Reaction score
Once you do that, clean up the ferrules and it looks like the finish is pretty thin. Get some Spar varnish and apply that as well.
I wondered about that ,was not sure what to use l apreciate the information
Thanks
Randal

Randal

Reaction score
With further inspection of your photos it looks like the ferrules need to be reset as well. I would hang that rod on the wall as a tribute.
I have a nice enclosed porch looks ng out at the pond. It would look good on the wall but also be convenient to catch some bluegills with once in a while.
Thanks
Randal