Orvis Adventures Catalog

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Wow sounds like some awesome adventures and lifelong memories, never did that i think thats a level of pricey for me lol , but im sure its a great experience, share the pics , those of us on our home waters can experience it through the pictures ,enjoy guys
David

Reactions: DGS

dennyk

Reaction score
Wow sounds like some awesome adventures and lifelong memories, never did that i think thats a level of pricey for me lol , but im sure its a great experience, share the pics , those of us on our home waters can experience it through the pictures ,enjoy guys
David
Hi Dave!

I have never taken a trip like that either, but if you can put it in the context of a once in a lifetime trip and are able to save for it I'm sure you wouldn't have any regrets!

Sure is tempting!

Denny

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
I agree Denny , i would love to fish montana , im sure if i put my mind to it i could pull it off ,would love to camp near rivers, primative like ......campfires, cooking and enjoying a “ 4 finger glass of some “ Jameson ..lol. Ive also thought how cool it would be,to do the same in alaska , native salmon ,and enjoy nature

David

Tippetsnap

Reaction score
A big draw for Orvis trips (and similar) is the "all-inclusive" aspect; like going to a Cancun resort or a cruise where you just show up and eat, drink, and having fun (fish, in this case).

Sometimes I enjoy the trips where I book my own hotels, figure out all the attractions we want to see, all the historical places we want to visit, scope out the best local restaurants, etc. Sometimes, I want others to do the heavy lifting for me.

In my experience, it comes out about the same, money-wise.

BTW- I just sent in my deposit for my first Orvis trip to MT for summer 2023. I'm very excited. I also just set up a DIY spring trip to NC with a buddy for spring of this year. I'm very excited for this al well.

Some folks are tourists, some are travelers...sometimes I'm both
Which Lodge in MT are you attending on your Orvis Trip in 2023?

GManBart

Reaction score
A coworker came back from an Orvis trip to Belize not long ago and absolutely raved about it. He actually said he had always been a bit anti-Orvis as he thought of it as an old man's company, but this changed his mind. He said everything was planned perfectly and went like clockwork....great guides, great room/cabin (not sure which), great fishing, great food...etc. He also said he fell in love with the Helios 3 (not sure D or F) that came with the package, and bought another in a different weight immediately.

I recall he said they made it simple to pay in a couple of installments which made it easier to swallow, and they got the rod to him with plenty of time to lawn cast it and get familiar...which is smart.

I'd definitely give one of these trips a shot for the first time going someplace, and then maybe think about planning my own trip later.