orvis saltwater lines

gooner

Reaction score
Anyone tried the new orvis saltwater floating and intermediate lines like orvis pro smooth and textured, orvis hydros floating and intermediate? There taper seems pretty good for striped bass stramers and they are true to weight rated (maybe half a wt higher but its ok)! Anyone have tried them?

King2040

Reaction score
I've been very happy with the two I picked up.
I've got the Textured Pro Saltwater All Rounder on my 8'10" 7wt Hardy Zenith. It shoots great and seems like a good fit for the rod. It's become my favorite bass setup and will turnover fairly large patterns.

Have the Hydros Tropic Intermediate on a 9' 7wt Hardy Wraith. It'll really punch it out there. The line does have a bit of memory, but that may be because I haven't really broken it in yet, or just the nature of the line itself.

All in all, I'm very pleased with both, and would recommend checking them out. Both of them were suggested by the fishing manager at my store here in Houston, and seems like they were a good recommendation for my needs. Plus, you can always try them out, and if they're duds for your rod, Orvis will take them back no hassles.

Hope that helps...