Penns Creek and The Feathered Hook

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Many days on that big creek myself over a 30 year stretch, love that creek. Curiously I had an identical Ash trestle table just like that that I gave to my brother when I moved 16 years ago. Small world :)

Oh and no stress of craziness here buddy, I am a very cool operator.

smp005

Reaction score
Great first day on Penns Creek! One 18' and three 16" browns in their full colors! Caught a bunch more smaller browns and a few stocked rainbows that aren't supposed to be in that part of the creek...

IMG_2381.jpegIMG_2353.jpegIMG_2334.jpeg

smp005

Reaction score
IMG_2423.jpegIMG_2419.jpegIMG_2405.jpeg

Another great day.. I love Penns in the fall! The flows were low but still plenty of good water holding fish. We saw a pool in a small tributary just stacked up with big browns headed up the small creek to spawn. The reflection on the water kept me from being able to get a picture of them but it was amazing to see. Had to have been 40 fish in that pool in between two riffles maybe 100 yards up from the main creek. We saw some nice browns on the reds as well - we do not target or disturb bedding / spawning fish but they are fun to watch.. And nothin beats a hot, stream side lunch!!!

LePetomane

Reaction score
In most cases I agree - especially fine scotch :) But there is something about Crown Royal and Ginger ale that just goes down so well after a long day of standing in cold water :)
I'm not a whiskey drinker, but Vernors is a good ginger ale. We just started getting it in Wyoming.

smp005

Reaction score
I'm not a whiskey drinker, but Vernors is a good ginger ale. We just started getting it in Wyoming.
Oh it is for sure.. I’m not sure where it is made but I’ve drank it since I was a boy.. to me it is not really a “soda drink” but more unique...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro