Pontoon or Raft

Acheron

Reaction score
Edit: just called and emailed him again since this thread reminded me to do so. I'll be holding my breath waiting for a return call. :rolleyes:.
Send him a text to the number on their website. I usually get (slow) responses that way :)

I'm glad someone is pushing designs, the downside is this will lead to some failures.

osseous

Reaction score
The frame I had was covered in welding flash- sharp shards of metal, slightly below the powder coat. The cheap valves he switched to were failing and i had a hard time finding replacements. He was entirely unresponsive. Oarlock broke (!) at the too of a steep run.... every part on the boat failed, or was failing. I sold it after one season

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Matt4.0

Reaction score
Send him a text to the number on their website. I usually get (slow) responses that way :)

I'm glad someone is pushing designs, the downside is this will lead to some failures.
Lo and behold, I actually got a call back this time. Hopefully this pump is more durable than the last, but I may have a friend with a 3D printer make a copy of the fitting just for backup.

Redrock

Reaction score
The frame I had was covered in welding flash- sharp shards of metal, slightly below the powder coat. The cheap valves he switched to were failing and i had a hard time finding replacements. He was entirely unresponsive. Oarlock broke (!) at the too of a steep run.... every part on the boat failed, or was failing. I sold it after one season

Holy crap! Snapping the oar lock rolling into a class two or three would have been a sphincter puckering moment for sure!

dlip

Reaction score
I have a Watermaster Kodiak. Great boat. I've also used an Outcast Fish Cat 10 IR. They are really nice boats.

Kodiak vs Outcast
Kodiak wins in weight (less than half of the outcast) and simplicity. Outcast wins in having a rowing frame with better seating position. Outcast also wins in that you can build/add your own rod tube to carry rods fully assembled/rigged and protected.

Last edited:

osseous

Reaction score
Holy crap! Snapping the oar lock rolling into a class two or three would have been a sphincter puckering moment for sure!
3+... one of my first dates with my wife. I jumped overboard and dragged the rig ashore. Instant hero status~

smp005

Reaction score
I never stand when I use mine on rivers, but I use the feature quite a bit on still water (which is the primary purpose the OP mentioned he wanted a boat for).
You are correct in that my primary use will be still waters.. I like the Orvis pontoon .. Curious how hard it is to tear down and assemble.. I want to carry it with me in my truck camper.