Port Aransas Texas Fly Fishing.

mcbauer1961

Reaction score
We are planning a trip in late October and I am looking for some info on the fishing. I would like to do some Fly Fishing for anything, maybe some Intra coastal waters, breakwaters. We Have access to a good flats boat and will be on our own, Or maybe hire a guide for a day. I would love to Fly Fish for Bull Reds, or anything that bites for that matter. Anybody suggest a guide to call? I plan on taking my 8wt setup but its not saltwater capable, If that matters.

Thanks

Bob

Gundriver64

Reaction score
Brown and Root flats is where I used to concentrate my efforts. Contrary to what all the youtube fishing videos portray, it's not an easy thing to locate big reds. Incoming tides have always worked best for me. I'd hire a guide.

karstopo

Reaction score
You might check out the Microskiff forum and there’s a Corpus Christi fishing forum as well if you don’t get the information you need here. Search out Godoe‘s posts on TKF if you get a chance. He has made many trips to that area fly fishing and has detailed posts. There aren’t a ton of Texas saltwater fly fishing folks on this forum, but maybe one that fishes down there will chime in.