Powell fly rod quest

magner66

Reaction score
Hi guys. Hoping you can help an Aussie out. I’m looking for a second hand Powell LGA 906-4, 9 Ft., 4 Piece, #6 Fly rod. I’ve broken the second section from the tip of mine. It’s such a sweet rod I can’t bring myself to get rid of it.
Anyone know of or can put me in touch with someone who might own such a rod and be willing to part with it?

ddb

Reaction score
Rich Morrison who posts here has older Chico era Powells and might be able point you towards an LGA. He is a fount of knowledge and has suplied me with four Chicos, including several travel rods.

Last edited:

hatidua

Reaction score
Those show up on eBay periodically. I've owned two LGA 906-4's and parted with both via Ebay, they're out there, just set up an "alert" on eBay, they aren't unicorns just yet.

rmorrison

Reaction score
Started a conversation. Not a Chico rod but but It's possibly a very early Rancho Cordova rod which means it was built on a Chico blank. I may be able to lay my hands on what you need. And yes, they do show up occasionally on eBay.

magner66

Reaction score
Started a conversation. Not a Chico rod but but It's possibly a very early Rancho Cordova rod which means it was built on a Chico blank. I may be able to lay my hands on what you need. And yes, they do show up occasionally on eBay.
Bud, I’d be great full if you can. I broke the second section from the top. I can send you some pics if that helps? The blank is a lovely blue colour.