Private Messages

FishNFinAddict

Reaction score
Is there a way to P.M. people on these forums? For some reason I don't seen an option to do this. Am I doing something wrong?

frickerdog

Reaction score
Click on the envelope in the right corner of the screen and then "Start a new conversation". Or click on the name of the member you want to PM, and click "Start Conversation."

jayr

Reaction score
Unless Ard changed it, you have to have a minimum amout of posts in order to use the PM function. I believe it is 25. This was due to spamming by new members via PM.

Last edited:

FishNFinAddict

Reaction score
Unless Ard changed it, you have to have a minimum amour of posts in order to use the PM function. I believe it is 25. This was due to spamming by new members via PM.
Jayr,

That is probably my problem. When I go to the envelope as others have suggested, it doesn't give me the option to "start a conversation". I wasn't sure if I needed to turn it on somehow.

jayr

Reaction score
Jayr,

That is probably my problem. When I go to the envelope as others have suggested, it doesn't give me the option to "start a conversation". I wasn't sure if I needed to turn it on somehow.
Back about a month or so ago, we were having new members that had migrated from posting spam to sending it via PM's. This is why the policy started.

I am sure Ard will chime in as well.

scrapiron

Reaction score
Ah, that explains it. I could PM previously and hadn't visited for a month or so. Alright, so gotta increase my post count (with posts that contribute to a thread of course).

Thanks.