Rainbow Trout Pics

ed from bama

Reaction score
Good evening to all-

Bam Boozelled- Greer is one of those places that if you like it- you like it a lot. it's way up in the White Mountains, and there's one road in- and not even a gas station once you get there. There is the Little Colorado River- technical fly fishing, for sure, but gorgeous small stream and there are the Greer Lakes- very nice reservoir fishing for trout. Big Lake is not far, and Black River is within drive distance. Silver Creek is maybe an hour away.
Elk will probably be in the parking lot of the few inns and motels there at night.
I really do miss Greer- and it's a great place to visit in winter- lots of snow sports.
I sound like chamber of commerce, but considering it's only a 4 hour drive from Phoenix and a bit less from Tucson, it's a whole different world.

good night to all- Ed

liphookedau

Reaction score
It's been ages since Kelly Started this Thread back in 2010 Again some Beautiful Fish brings back memories when Larry & I Fished Kelly Secret Spot & also caught some Top Fish.
Brian

LePetomane

Reaction score
flav, that Redside is a beautiful fish. Those things sure do fight. The last time I fished the Deschutes I hooked one on a 5 weight and by the way the fish fought I thought it would measure out at 18 to 20 inches. When I landed the fish and measured it, 12 inches.

The rainbow pictured above taken by my daughter was taken on a dry fly using a cane rod that she conned out of me. She had the fish landed in about three minutes. She is a skilled angler and a wonderful daughter.