Rainbow Trout Pics

pcalitre

Reaction score
One guy owns miles of property along the river above a small section of public water. He throws tons of the pellets they feed trout in hatcheries into this river. This causes the fish below his property to get huge, significantly bigger than you’d find in most CO rivers.

TristianSutton

Reaction score
One guy owns miles of property along the river above a small section of public water. He throws tons of the pellets they feed trout in hatcheries into this river. This causes the fish below his property to get huge, significantly bigger than you’d find in most CO rivers.
I bet you they run up above his property too

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dances_With_Brookies

Reaction score
Most definitely not the Davidson. It will take alot to get me to go back to that river

Is it the crowds that are keeping you off of the Davidson? I last fished there during the week back in the late 90's. There were a few guys out at that time, but for the most part, I had the place to myself, and it fished very well. I'm guessing it is probably a circus these days. There are so many great places to fish in WNC that it isn't even funny. I'm readying for a move to the Marion, VA-Abingdon, VA-Damascus, VA-Boone, NC quadrant this coming Spring.

TristianSutton

Reaction score
Is it the crowds that are keeping you off of the Davidson? I last fished there during the week back in the late 90's. There were a few guys out at that time, but for the most part, I had the place to myself, and it fished very well. I'm guessing it is probably a circus these days. There are so many great places to fish in WNC that it isn't even funny. I'm readying for a move to the Marion, VA-Abingdon, VA-Damascus, VA-Boone, NC quadrant this coming Spring.
The crowds are part of it on weekday i needed my own rock, the drive is part of it , the fish are part of it, the odd amount of bad luck i have down there, it all collimates into something I just dont enjoy