Recent Events Re: 1/6/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
I just found and removed a thread that spoke to the harrowing political environment we are all living in at this time.

I do not want you the membership to feel that we the administrators are blind or ignorant of these conditions.

If I were to attempt to sum up in one word I would have to use tragic.

It is however the longstanding position and rule that we do not discuss politics on the North American Fly Fishing Forums.

Thank you and stay safe everyone.

Meuniere

Reaction score
Hi, Ard - I'm guessing you're referring to the recent thread started by the member who was surprised that someone accosted him while fishing because what he was doing was 'elite,' and then the person who challenged him backed off as soon as the OP mentioned his military service?

If so, I guess I must have missed some objectionable later posts on that thread, because I would like to think that the OP was doing some of us a bit of a service, just bringing up the fact that what happened was brought to him while he was just out fishing, nothing of his own instigation. I can't comment on later posts, but I do register the impact of the surprise he felt. I certainly didn't feel that what he said was in any way political, just a surprised, non-judgmental record of what happened, and his reaction.

Anyway, thanks also for your diligence. It is certainly very much appreciated by everyone here.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
I did not see any objectionable replies although experience has taught us that the topic is just not cool.

We don't do politics - race - religion or sex on this forum. Based on everyone's user names I have no idea of who our members are, what sex, race or their religious / political persuasion therefore the safest approach is to say nothing which could offend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.