Redfish Pics

GloveMan

Reaction score
Runt of the litter. This one came in at 28.5" (with the tail pinched). My best of a trip earlier in the week. My fishing partner that day hit 34". Another friend broke the 40" mark in the same stretch of marsh the day prior.

I am beyond jealous. Nice fish! I need to get back down there and get out to the Chandeleur Islands area this winter.

GloveMan

Reaction score
My last trip out there the fish were schooled up and feeding like crazy. Smallest fish we caught were about 15lbs. We caught 20+ fish over 20 lbs. Recommend Southern Fly Expeditions guide. He has a skinny water boat and really knows the area.

2016-12-22_SouthernFlyExpeditions_DaverGloverAndMikeShore-2.jpg2016-12-22_SouthernFlyExpeditions_DaverGloverAndMikeShore-9.jpg

Prof. Salt

Reaction score
'Prof. Salt' - how do you like your Nautilus reel for Redfish? I am thinking about getting a couple of the CCF-X2 reels for the salt.
I have caught hundreds of fish on the XS (2wt) XM (4wt) and XL (6wt), and they are all perfect for reds. The drag has always been smooth and the reels are completely water and sand-proof. If you will be fishing in the bays, I can't imagine needing more drag than these reels provide. In the gulf might be a different story, but I have landed jacks and mackerel on this reel and it never complained.

Jfg

Reaction score
Just got back from a 3 day trip to Venice. We had to work for them but my buddy and I landed 7 bull reds. Water was 80F. The fish were not showing themselves. We think it was because of the water temp?

My buddy landed a 40” with a 25” girth. Charts said 31lb. I have a great picture but shouldn’t post my buddy.