Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

alfaromeo

Reaction score
i have 10 reels.., one of them the 3 weight tail reel is on loan to a freind... one 2 weight one 3 weight one 4 weight, 3...5 weights two 6 weights , 2 8 weights IMG_20210421_214718_7.jpg

Reactions: Ard

Acheron

Reaction score
That is a Princess on there isn't it? Very nice rig.
Thank you! No, just a LRH Lightweight :) I really wanted an older one but the cost was something like 2x what I was able to find this one for some time ago. It had been waiting on a heavier rod, then the old South Bend came along.

Here's a somewhat out of focus picture of the other side

Last edited:

dennyk

Reaction score
Thank you! No, just a LRH Lightweight :) I really wanted an older one but the cost was something like 2x what I was able to find this one for some time ago. It had been waiting on a heavier rod, then the old South Bend came along.

The last couple years I have been fortunate to start a small collection of old Hardys in really great condition and 3 bamboo rods and I appreciate each one. When I go fishing those are pretty much all I use. I guess I'm addicted to the sound & the feel. Meanwhile my modern gear will have to wait for another day.

Denny

chi flyfisher

Reaction score

Love your dedication and love of the Hardy C&P's!

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite threads here, the range of reels pictured since the beginning is incredible. Sadly some of the early attached images didn't transfer over when we changed software providers but just the past years worth is pretty darn good.

I have a new one here that hasn't been posted so I guess I better get an image soon. I picked up a Hardy JLH Salmon recently that serves two different rods. The reel is in mint shape and was christened with some king salmon a few weeks back. They are clickers with a decent amount of resistance when dialed up and they have an exposed rim so you can handle large fish pretty well.

I think that's the last one I got, I did post the Hardy MTX 7000 that I got for a Guideline rod last year I think. I've slowed down but haven't stopped.

Might as well make sure I have ............

That's on a 13 foot Guideline LPXe model 8 and the entire outfit including a 600 grain Scandi with integrated runner weighs a hair over 15.3 ounces if my memory serves me rightly. Carbon fiber frame and very light for a 4 1/4" reel.

Here's a rack full of then; a pair of Spectrum Max reels from Sage and the Hardy. The Spectrum reels are very fine reels and extremely smooth in their operation and drag workings. I've caught a lot of stubborn fish on them.

Pictures make the thread ;)

flav

Reaction score
Here's an old Hardy LRH Lightweight, that belonged to my father-in-law. It's been sitting in storage for 20 years since he passed. I decided it was about time to put a line on it and give it a little time on the river. Several fish pulled some line, and wow is that a loud reel. IMG_20210706_192409205.jpg

dennyk

Reaction score
Here's an old Hardy LRH Lightweight, that belonged to my father-in-law. It's been sitting in storage for 20 years since he passed. I decided it was about time to put a line on it and give it a little time on the river. Several fish pulled some line, and wow is that a loud reel. View attachment 37807
Hi Flav, I'm calling dibbs if you ever decide to part with it!

Nice reel!

Denny