Replacement cap?

yikes

Reaction score
I have a Tenkara USA Rhodo. The end cap (for the tip) fits somewhat loose, and I've lost the original and the spare.
Am I correct in reading that the replacement is $10 each plus shipping? Is this normal for tenkara rods?

Are there generic replacements out there?

gpwhitejr

Reaction score
I bought one of these things; they work great and I don't think I will lose it:

Fuji Rod Caps

I came across a website in which people showed off rod caps that they had made themselves out of various materials, but I can't find it now. A wine cork and some sandpaper (or better yet, a lathe) would solve the problem.

Cauer2

Reaction score
I have a Tenkara USA Rhodo. The end cap (for the tip) fits somewhat loose, and I've lost the original and the spare.
Am I correct in reading that the replacement is $10 each plus shipping? Is this normal for tenkara rods?

Are there generic replacements out there?
Just new to the forum, so I'm not sure this has been addressed yet but the 10 dollars should be for a set. Bottom and top if I remember correctly. I have the same rod and have dealt with TUSA customer service a few times; John is great by the way. They really do a great job of taking care of issues.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

patrick62

Reaction score
I just bought a rod with a universal cap which is infinitely superior to any sort of plug. I ordered more in different sizes (so not precisely "universal") for all my rods. $12.99 for two on Amazon.