Riverstick Custom-machined Wading Staffs

herkileez

Business Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated Tim! I'm glad to hear you're happy with the staff. That's the most important thing to me.... (y)

herkileez

Business Member
Reaction score
How would you recommend us measure the length we need ?
A good measure is to top of waders with boots on. This ensures a comfortable length, while allowing some reach while wading.
Rule of thumb for height/length: 5’5” - 5’7” = 51”, 5'8" - 5'10" = 52", 5'11" - 6' 2" = 53", 6'3" - 6'5"= 54-55".

Last edited:

jpakstis

Reaction score
I just used mine today and it’s really nice, a very solid and dependable staff. This may be the novice in me talking but I love how it “automatically” forms! It’s like the pieces are magnetized to each other. I kept “practicing” in the garage with it when I first received it. And it did a great job on the river today, not merely in the water but on the trail as well. I don’t have any comparison to make to any other staff because I haven’t tried any other, but this one is a tank and seems likely to last as long as I do!

hatidua

Reaction score
I own one of these, it's "all that". I'm undeniably a fan of durable at the expense of weight and this meets my needs. I have Simms/Folstaff/Orvis/BD/etc options, -have tried pretty much everything available.

I went longer than recommended and am happy that I did, if I'm falling, I want hang onto something 'up there', not something 'over there'. I did have a local gunsmith mill a sharp stainless tip for it as our local tailwater fisheries are extremely slippery.

This is probably the best stick a person can get (y)

Last edited: