Rod recommendation

3rdLargest

Reaction score
Need a little help choosing a new saltwater rod.
I’ve only been fly fishing for about a year and have gotten the itch to go saltwater fly fishing in the myrtle beach Charleston area for trout and redfish and maybe the random trip to northern Florida. My budget is around $375. No fly shops in my immediate area to try rods and was wondering if I could get a few recommendations from the brain trust. So far I’ve looked at the TFO axiom 2, the echo boost salt, and I’ve found a Hardy Demon salt on eBay for about the same price. I’ll be fishing from the beach and wading until I can get a boat. Thanks in advance

WNCtroutstalker

Reaction score
The Sage Motive 8 wt, originally $500, can be found on closeout for your top budget price and maybe less if you really hunt around. Can't compare it to the others, just somethingyou might consider. You also might see if you can find a leftover closeout Echo 3sti.

clouserguyky

Reaction score
If the Motive isn't available, I'd check out the TFO Mangrove. Also might try to find a closeout Hardy Zephrus SW.

bosands

Reaction score
I know its out of your Budget, but in my search for budget and mid priced 8wt salt rods, in my hands there wasn't a better casting rod than the T&T Zone