Rods belonging to Sparse Grey Hackle

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just recently joined the forum so pardon me if I step on some toes in ignorance. I am the grandson (or at least the best one of them) of Sparse Grey Hackle. aka Grandpa Deac.
I have 2 fly rods that belonged to him that I need to get rid of. I am moving out of the country and do not want to throw them in a dumpster or give them to some lure-fishing Philistine. If you are interested in them, I can be reached at:
I cannot verify they are his nor even that I am one of his grandsons other than a signed front flap from Fishless Days and Angling Nights with my first name on it.
One rod says "Angler's Cove Resinized" and looks to be bamboo and the other looks to be glass with "Eagle Claw-a product of Wright & McGill Co.) on it.
They are in their rod cases with the glass rod being in an aluminum case and the other in a plastic case.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Whoever sends a label to the above email address gets them. They are available for the price of shipping. That is, unless you want to come to LA and pick them up!
BTW, I leave the country on 5/31. I really don't want to give them away to just anyone, but if I do they will go to Habitats for Humanity since my dad worked for them until his death.

Bigfly

Reaction score
As long as there is no need to open a bank acct in Nigeria, I'd say go for it Hayden....

Jim

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Warning!

This type deal is not the normal on this forum. I removed the e-mail address for obvious reasons. If anyone wishes to do this then use the forum message system so there is at least a record of communications here.

It's up to you.

Reaction score
Warning!

This type deal is not the normal on this forum. I removed the e-mail address for obvious reasons. If anyone wishes to do this then use the forum message system so there is at least a record of communications here.

It's up to you.
SOOOOOOO no sense of humor, huh?