Sand Creek

LePetomane

Reaction score
Has anyone on the forum ever fished Sand Creek in eastern Wyoming? An internet search yielded no recent information. It is a spring creek so it will probably not be blown out like the streams closer to home. For me it is a 2 1/2 hour drive which is the upper limit of a day trip.

djfan

Reaction score
I live here, and have never heard of it. Googled it, and google couldn't make up its mind where it is. Where did you get your info?

pickadrake

Reaction score
I did some googling and found it's just across the border from South Dakota Black Hills area. Looks very pretty !

2bornot2b

Reaction score
Contact Dakota Anglers in Rapid City, they list Sand Creek as one of the streams they guide for.

LePetomane

Reaction score
Well, that does it. Next Friday I'm taking a road trip to fish Sand Creek. I have asked a few people here and received mixed answers so I am going to find out for myself. I'll report back.

lightline

Reaction score
Fished it last year around Labor Day. Very narrow, but has some deep pools, especially the lower parts. Caught some smaller fish on attractor dries, but didn't fish anything wet. There were lots of ATV'ers up there, but didn't see any fishermen. It's my only visit there. Thought it was a bit overrated from what I had read, but I only saw it once, for one day.

LePetomane

Reaction score
I'll let you know how I did. It's miles from anywhere so I don't think I will be giving away a secret spot. If the fishing is not productive I will stop at Devils Tower. Cool place.