Scandi head for Sage x 7110

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Hey guys, any line recommendations for a good versatile scandi for fall salmon and trout. Nothing too long, I have my 13 spey` and long scandi for distance.

I looked a Rio short scandi versitip and the scandi body second. I already have OPST for short floating and groove intermediate for larger heavier flies.

I think I need to speed up my swing and lighter for classic salmon flies and light weighted tubes and flies. I`d like to keep that D loop smaller, its woods back to the wall fishing where I`m at.

thanks, UF

flav

Reaction score
The scandi body is the same head as the versitip, minus the 10 foot tips. If you have 10 foot polys or tips that weigh around 75 grains there's no need to spring for the versitip, just get the body.

jjcm

Reaction score
Just curious, is there something special about the tips that come in the versi bundle? The heads are around $60 and with four tips $150. Wondering why the kit is $90 more.

flav

Reaction score
The tips are the same as the Rio replacement tips. They go for about $25 each, so the floater, intermediate, and two density sinkers is $100. You get a wallet for the tips with the versitip as well. Definitely a savings if you don't already have the tips and you plan on using all the different tip densities.

jjcm

Reaction score
The tips are the same as the Rio replacement tips. They go for about $25 each, so the floater, intermediate, and two density sinkers is $100. You get a wallet for the tips with the versitip as well. Definitely a savings if you don't already have the tips and you plan on using all the different tip densities.
Thank you. I think the price of versileaders came to my mind when I opened up Rio's site to look at this head.

Does anyone have experience with Guideline's Ultra Compact head?

jjcm

Reaction score