Scissors

bocianka1

Reaction score
the sharpness of my scissors is never going to be tested long-term. I'm too clumsy. Inevitably, i drop the scissors or bump them off the desk and they always land on their tip. Happened again last week, and now i need to replace my Dr. Slick's Razor scissors. I liked the razors, but it did find the tensioning knob added a little bit of bulk to the pair and i never needed to adjust them. maybe others find it more useful over the long term, but i''ve never found the need to adjust the tension so i don't really see the benefit of it.

osseous

Reaction score
Have you seen the little Hareline rubber tool mats? Helps me keep my tools from falling

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

iv_wjb

Reaction score
Looking for advice for fine point scissors trim around hook eye. Dr. Slick micro tip??
Thanks Again
Seems like when I start tying I have more questions.
After I knocked the Loon micro tip scissors onto the floor (tip first) and ruined them, I found the Dr. Slick micro tip scissors to be an improved replacement. I am quite pleased with them for detail work.

Of course, I have a selection to choose from (for various tasks) 🙄😂😂

BBBF1351-817A-4412-BCCC-09DE686ECE83.jpeg

The ones with the plastic handles are cheapies from a local craft store... Good for bulky and coarse materials. Foam sheets get cut-down with the chopper.

76CDF434-E72F-4B03-80BF-C80738CA46F5.jpeg

Handy for clean, straight cuts!

gwozdz

Reaction score
The gal the cuts my hair said that she tosses the scissors she uses to cut hair because she didn't have anyone local to sharpen them. She gave me a pair and I had the sharpened when I went to a bigger town. They are my go to scissors for fly tying. They cast her quite a bit. More than I would have spent.

osseous

Reaction score
Been using the Renomed scissors- fine tips, one serated and one plain edge (so I can sharpen them), and BIG finger loops. Good stuff

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk