secret weapon

quattro

Reaction score
Just passing along this fly the that has become my go to terrestrial in CO, NM and WY. It's a variation of the Turk Power ant with multi-colored legs. Tied for me by the guys at SSflies.

A super reliable producer in high country skinny water. I also fish a cinnamon version. Bonus points for anyone that knows what bottle the cork is from.
D3AF52C4-C6E3-42BA-B365-914764C83C68.jpeg

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Just passing along this fly the that has become my go to terrestrial in CO, NM and WY. It's a variation of the Turk Power ant with multi-colored legs. Tied for me by the guys at SSflies.

A super reliable producer in high country skinny water. I also fish a cinnamon version. Bonus points for anyone that knows what bottle the cork is from.
View attachment 37262
Nice bug. No idea about the cork. But I bet someone will step up.

fatbillybob

Reaction score
Funny about ants. I like them fishing them like a hopper with a dropper. For me a foam ant is as good as any and foam is super fast to tie and you can't sink them. I have not had as many takes on sunk or sinking ants as those floating high. What are others experiences?

teledan

Reaction score
Funny about ants. I like them fishing them like a hopper with a dropper. For me a foam ant is as good as any and foam is super fast to tie and you can't sink them. I have not had as many takes on sunk or sinking ants as those floating high. What are others experiences?
The Bionic Ant has probably been my top producing fly. Sometimes I fish it with a nymph below it.

quattro

Reaction score
I've had the most success with floating ants - but also do fish them wet as well.

jwbowen

Reaction score

View attachment 37262
I love that fly!! SS is closed for July:((. I had someone try and replicate it but my Ant is a little "skinny".IMG_powerant2.jpg