Secrets of Fly Casting - Jimmy Green

flytie09

Reaction score
This may have been posted before a time or two....but I thought it was worth a re-watch.

I don't know that anything he is showing is too top secret...but it made you look didn't it? Now off to find the secret fly video or the secret stream....ooohh now that's some juicy stuff. 😂

silver creek

Reaction score
This is the elbow forward casting style that was developed at the San Francisco Casting Club and popularized not only by Jim Green but also the Fenwick Fly Fishing Schools and Mel Krieger. It is the method I was taught by Gary Borger who was the Midwestern Director of the FFFS and how I came to know Gary. It is the cast used by notables like the Rajeff brothers, women's champion phenom Maxine McCormick and her coach Chris Korich.

The stop motion photo of the basic foundation cast below comes from the Henry's Fork Lodge owned by Nelson Ishiyama. Nelson and I are college buddies, and he is the editor of Mel Krieger's book, The Essence of Flycasting.

old timer

Reaction score
Watch the video. He showed it in slowly. At the end of the backstroke, he broke his wrist all the way. I stopped watching at that point. I thought he was going to say don't do this but he was saying do it.