Show off your kayak

gpwhitejr

Reaction score
My kayaks are currently attached to the wall in my garage, and probably will be for another month or so; the ice is still pretty thick. Sigh.

markg52

Reaction score
newb I love it! Tons of room for gear and rods. Not the most nimble thing in moving water but nimble enough to paddle out of potential trouble. It tracks real well and is super stable. I keep the seat in the high position all the time, even in moderate white water. Plenty of room to stand should you choose, and it's a flat surface with nothing to trip you up. This is the 2017 model and I've had it about a year. It has three storage pockets on the bottom side of the seat and I notice on the 2018's they added a slide tray under the seat and apparently did away with the storage pockets in the seat. I like the pockets, not a huge fan of the tray. Thought I might add the tray to mine until I was visiting with a prostaffer Saturday. He wishes his had my seat and no tray. So, not gonna add that. It's a pretty heavy kayak. If you have to portage very far, it's pretty much a two person job. I had a hanging pulley system in my garage that I used to store my Wildy Ride 115x, now my wife's Perception hangs there. The only things I've added were an Anchor Wizard and a Yakattack VisiPole (and a few things like screw balls and another rod holder or two that I didn't sell on my old yak). At some point I'll mount a fish finder. Saving up Cabela's points/gift cards for that. I've fished it in lakes, tail waters, medium sized creeks, and small rivers. One other thing, I did add a bed extender on my truck. It was a booger to load by yourself on a fairly steep boat ramp. If you want any more info feel free to reply, I'll be around the site from time to time.

Last edited:

Matt4.0

Reaction score
newb I love it! Tons of room for gear and rods. Not the most nimble thing in moving water but nimble enough to paddle out of potential trouble. It tracks real well and is super stable. I keep the seat in the high position all the time, even in moderate white water. Plenty of room to stand should you choose, and it's a flat surface with nothing to trip you up. This is the 2017 model and I've had it about a year. It has three storage pockets on the bottom side of the seat and I notice on the 2018's they added a slide tray under the seat and apparently did away with the storage pockets in the seat. I like the pockets, not a huge fan of the tray. Thought I might add the tray to mine until I was visiting with a prostaffer Saturday. He wishes his had my seat and no tray. So, not gonna add that. It's a pretty heavy kayak. If you have to portage very far, it's pretty much a two person job. I had a hanging pulley system in my garage that I used to store my Wildy Ride 115x, now my wife's Perception hangs there. The only things I've added were an Anchor Wizard and a Yakattack VisiPole (and a few things like screw balls and another rod holder or two that I didn't sell on my old yak). At some point I'll mount a fish finder. Saving up Cabela's points/gift cards for that. I've fished it in lakes, tail waters, medium sized creeks, and small rivers. One other thing, I did add a bed extender on my truck. It was a booger to load by yourself on a fairly steep boat ramp. If you want any more info feel free to reply, I'll be around the site from time to time.
Thanks! I have an older Malibu X-factor, sounds like it's probably similar in terms of size/weight/maneuverability. But it sure is short on features compared to the Mayfly! Lol. Still gotta talk my better half into fishing raft before a kayak upgrade....

mikemac1

Reaction score
01c099087b5d559e31e928567c345dd9d4e86b9603.jpg
Caribbean 12 Angler stashed with relatives in Tampa-Sarasota region for saltwater work.

IMG_2588_zpskkxqiywb.jpg
One of three Native Ultimate 12 (2 Tegris, 1 Poly) boats for plying the rivers of SW Montana

whalensdad

Reaction score
Here's mine. Got a Jackson Mayfly a few months ago. Outfitted it with a trolling motor since I'd rather be fishing than paddling. This thing is earth stable. I've only had it out a few times on some lakes near me, but nothing made me feel like I was going fall in. I think I went overkill on the battery. It's an 85AH AGM which weighs a ton. At least I won't run out of power. Only thing left to do is add navigation lights and possibly a fish finder.
IMG_20190615_161248383.jpg